This is a great feature which is unfortunately hidden.
This will enable a banner (a pop-up window) with your message in it, each time your Windows boots up.
You can use this to display banner with some cool “show off message” or if you are an IT Administrator you can use this to remind the users with a simple “Laptop Policy”.
Warning: These steps involve modifying the Windows Registry. Please take care when editing the same, as a wrong modification can cause Windows unbootable/ unusable.
- Click Start –> Run
- Type “regedit” & click OK
- Now the Regedit window opens. Navigate to the following key:
- On the right side you will create two keys, right-click & select New –> String Value and rename this string value to LegalNoticeCaption Then again right-click & select New –> String Value and rename this string value to Legalnoticetext
Note: Some OEM suppliers add this string by default.
To add values to the two keys just double click on them and add your data. Now for the explanation of those two keys:
- LegalNoticeCaption – In this key we add the text that will display in the ToolBar. Try to keep this short & to the point.
- Legalnoticetext – In this key we add the main content that you want the user to read.
Close the Regedit & restart your computer and be greeted with your Banner (of the day). Enjoy 🙂 !