This one’s a wild soup !!
There is nothing like a bowl of creamy soup and some crusty garlic bread for a satisfying meal at night.
Warning: This dish can get as get your taste buds cracking in joy 🙂 So you can reduce the spices to your requirement.
To be honest, I just happen to experiment with the leftovers items I already had at home, and it turned out superb.
A note to the vegetarians, this is a completely vegetarian dish. That’s right, just leave out the prawns and substitute it with anything, example fried cottage cheese (paneer).
Here we go:
|Ghee (desi is better)||2 tbsp|
|Cumin Seeds||1 tsp|
|Green Chilles||2 (if the chilles are spicy just use 1)|
|Asafoetida (Hing)||2 pinch|
|salt||as per taste|
|Tomato||2 (add 3 if you want a little more gravy)|
|Whole Black pepper||12|
|Prawns (I used Tiger prawns)||8 pcs|
|Fresh cream||100 g|
- Wash the spinach thoroughly -> chop into large chunks –> put in pot of boiling water for 2 mins max. Drain the water into a bowl and keep spinach aside.
- Crush garlic cloves. Cut green chilies. Chop into large chunks: Onions & tomato.
- Heat butter in a wok -> add whole black pepper & a pinch on hing and mix for 10secs.
- Add the crushed garlic & chilies -> cook for 20secs.
- Add the onion and cook till light golden brown.
- Add the tomatoes and cook for 3-4mins.
- Add the spinach and cook for 5mins. Keep stirring the mixture to avoid burning of spinach as it will result in a bitter taste. After 5mins let the mixture cool.
- In a mixer, blend the above mixture and keep adding the spinach water (from step 1) till you get a smooth mixture.
- Heat another saucepan with ghee (I used desi ghee, love the smell).
- When ghee is hot, add the cumin seeds & a pinch of hing and immediately add the puree and put on the saucepan-lid and let it cook for 2min. This process helps retain the hing and cumin seed smell.
- After the first boil, add salt to taste.
- Then add the prawns, mushrooms & milk (mixed with 1/4 cup of spinach water). Let it cook for 5-6mins. Add water if it gets thick
- Add fresh cream and cook for 20secs; take of gas.
Thats its !!
Enjoy your delicious, simple & spicy soup 😀